Boot problem after update to EOS 3.5

Hello,

after the last update to eos 3.5 i’ve stil no audio output from the soundcard of the asus r209 i am using.
A new problem is that a cold start gives boot problems. After reboot the grub bootmanager starts. It seems that eos is not very stable for me… it’s a pitty because eos seems to have good potencies for daily use.
Hopely there wil come a solution for this issues.

Kind regards, Toine Machielsen?
eos-diagnostic-181113_080855_UTC 0100.txt (452,2 KB)

1 Like

Hello @pd4ajm! Sorry to hear you are experiencing boot failures. From your description of the problem it only occurs on cold boots, but not after a reboot?

I have just posted a solution for the problem @wjt have pointed you, but that problem occurs on every boot, as far as we know. If it is the same problem, those instructions should fix it, but let’s make sure it is indeed the same problem first. Does your error look anything like the picture on Error no such device ostree? If not, can you also post a picture?

1 Like

Hello jprvita,

thank you for the response. The boot failure i’ve got is a black screen with in the left top of the screen a blinking underscore. When pushing the powerswitch there is for a short time the endless logo screen before the computer turns off. After pushing the powerswitch the computer starts up and there is no problem at all. Also a reboot works without a problem.

Grtzz, Toine PD4AJM