Installing R and R studio

hello, pls how can i install R and R studio on my endless os pc?

1 Like

I do not think it’s possible at the moment, however, you can try other software based on R like JASP or Jamovi

1 Like

See What about R in endless and What about R in endless

Is it ever going to be possible. Because I work with R. I have been using the studio cloud since.

I successfully installed RStudio from the flatpak Alexander Wilms kindly provided, but the link in his posting What about R in endless appears to be defunct. I hope I still have the flatpak on my Endless Acer, but I also don’t know wehere I could put it.

I still do not understand how flathub handles build processes. I assumed that it builds flatpaks aautomagically if somebody provides the manifest. And in my understanding Alexander Wilms has provided the manifest, so there should be some RStudio flatpak on flathub, which I cannot find, but I might be missing the point. Also I did not succeed in building a RStudio flatpak with the manifest of Alexander Wilms provided here: https://github.com/Alexander-Wilms/flathub/tree/rstudio but maybe someone with a better understanding of flathub/flatpak build process could help.

Maybe this post should be moved to the english forum … I dont understand anyway why it started in the spanish forum anyway.

yes, maybe, but I do not have any idea how to move a thread.
It also duplicates stuff from What about R in endless

Hello.

Is the situation going to change?

How can I install R and R Studio on Endless now? Can anybody send me files or make official flathub?

I don’t know about the current state.

see my post in What about R in endless
It should help you to create and install it. See also github Rstudio.