Steam and Slack are not available in App Center

I’ve seen that Steam and Slack are available in Endless OS through the App Center, but neither of these apps are listed in the App Center under any category. There are no results when I search for them.

Is this issue related to my problems updating com.endlessm.Platform? What can I do to fix or troubleshoot the reason why these apps are missing?

Diagnostic file:
eos-diagnostic-170722_103834_UTC-0500.txt (251.4 KB)

You’re on an ARM machine:

=======
= CPU =
=======
Processor       : ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l)

Valve doesn’t support ARM as far as I know, so Steam is a no-go. Slack is an Electron-based app, and according to this post there were some issues with Electron apps on ARM: https://community.endlessos.com/t/running-atom-editor-on-arm/2561/3?u=wjt but things may have changed in the meantime.

Thank you for clarifying. I’m sorry to hear that neither of these is available on the Mission Mini.

If this is the venue for feedback, then I would prefer it if the App Center showed apps like this with a message explaining why they can’t be installed, instead of simply being absent. I didn’t realize that the App Center would have different contents on the different computers available from Endless, and now I’m curious what else I might be missing. I hope that you can consider this for a future version.

Interesting suggestion – I’ll pass it on. Thanks!

Slack’s app is just a self-contained browser wrapper for the webapp. Just go to Slack’s webapp in your browser and you have exactly the same thing.