A start job is running for file system check on dev/disk/by label/ostree

Hello, could somebody help me. Last night when I turned on my computer it remained in the endless logo for quite long time; when I pressed the esc button it showed me the following…

Could somebody help me fix this. Thanks.

Under some circumstances the system is performing a check of the harddisk to verify if everything is good. This can take quite a while.

Does the system boot finally?

I thought that at first, so I left it to run, til battery is gone, about 3 hours, and it remained the same.

Can you please boot with the Live USB stick, then open two Terminal windows. In the first, run:

sudo journalctl -f

and in the second:

sudo fsck -f -y $(blkid -t LABEL=ostree -o device)

This will perform a filesystem check and attempt to repair any problems. In the first window you will see if there are any problems related to a physical failure. If there are any errors, make a photo and let us know. Try to reboot when the command has finished and check if that solved your issue.

Thank you very much for your help and your time. It is working fine now. I really appreciate it. Bye.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.