Appplication are not downloading from store

hi i need help
i just recently bought my laptop with endless os , but the problem is apps are not getting downloaded from the store.When ever i try to click on install button it shows “installing…” but after 2 or 3 secs install icon pops again.
Please help, i think i need to contact the distributer or service center.
i would also add it is happening with all the apps that i try to install from the store

@Prakrit_Tyagi
Settings>Details>Look for updates

1 Like

Try opening a terminal and running “flatpak update”. It will try to update your apps and runtimes. If there are any errors or warnings, post them here.

Hey, i got a similar problem and it seems that no body has an idea how to fix it.
Today I tried to run “sudo flatpak update” as you mentioned and that is, what happened:

Are you connected to the internet? Looking at the icon on the bottom of the screenshot it looks like you might have little or no Wifi signal. Try making sure you are connected and then try it again.

If you are connected and can reach other websites, try running this command: ping -c 5 sdk.gnome.org

Hey, thanks for your answer. I am connected to the internet and that it is what terminal told me after running your command

Try running just flatpak update without the sudo before it

Hey guys, no further ideas?

If google translate is working properly, it sounds like flatpak update isn’t able to find the server at sdk.gnome.org, which is odd because ping was able to resolve the name and connect to it just fine.

@wjt @ramcq any idea what could be preventing flatpak from seeing sdk.gnome.org?

@FoxEndless do you use a proxy? That’s the only other thing I can think of.

Not that I know…
Is there any possibility to get the data I need for updates from another place?
Like a download on my netbook and a windows-like installation?
When it is just the download which is not working?!

1 Like

@dan told me that a similar problem has been seen before, where flatpak can’t resolve a hostname but other apps can. Please can you save this file to your home directory, then open a terminal and run:

chmod +x test-gio-resolver.py
./test-gio-resolver.py

and paste the output here?

Like that?!
Results:
ipv4 209.132.180.169 <Gio.InetAddress object at 0x7f75752d9048 (GInetAddress at 0x13ef2a0)>

I edited this comment, as we don’t want anyone runnig flatpak commands with sudo.