Black screen after 3.8.1 upgrade

Hi! Autoupgrade proposed to download 3.8.1 version and rebooted successfully. But after the system was shut down, the laptop switches on to a black screen. I tried to switch to the previous version but it doesn’t work either.

Please follow the instructions in the following post to provide us with a diagnostic for further analysis of your issue:

Thank you for the prompt reply. I am slightly confused now, because Ctrl-Alt-F2 at some point just logged me in. eos-diagnostic-200524_180530_UTC 0300.txt (1.1 МБ)

You mean, you now were able to Log in to the Graphical Interface, or the Text console?

I mean the Graphical Interface. I managed to run the diagnostics and sent it using the “broken” laptop.

It still doesn’t work. What should I do?

Looks like there are a lot of I/O errors in the log. You can try using the Disks application and checking what is says under “Assessment”. There is also an option to repair the filesystem but you would have to boot from a live USB to do that.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.