Can I Install Fonts?

Hello,

I am setting up computers for Indigenous students in Canada, and the computers are using the Endless OS. I am wondering if there is a way to install fonts. I am hoping to provide students with font options that will allow them to use traditional languages while typing.

The font packages are Unicode fonts, and so far I have tried downloading truetype font files but the Endless OS doesn’t have any way to use these fonts.

Any recommendations?

1 Like

@Nyssa
Open your Home folder and press the “Ctrl + H” keys to view the hidden files, you must create a new hidden folder with this name “.fonts”, be sure to put the “.” (Dot) before the folder name, so it will remain hidden, now just unzip the fonts you downloaded and put them inside this folder, automatically all fonts will be available in all programs.
If the folder for some reason already exists just copy the fonts into it.
http://www.diolinux.com.br/2015/02/pack-com-mais-de-4-mil-fontes-para-download.html

3 Likes

Excellent! This works! Thank you so much. I will check back if I have any problems with specific fonts.

Hi there, are you using Endless OS 3.0? In 3.0 you should be able to double click on a font and then press the ‘install’ button in the preview window that is shown.

You can see all the Fonts that are installed by typing ‘font’ into the search box on the home screen and choosing the ‘Font Viewer’ application.

3 Likes