Computer keeps freezing

Hi There,

Im laptop keeps freezing after a while when Chrome is open and/if opening other applications. At once the screens gets grey and nothing is possible. I have to turn off laptop and restart it again. thisis going on since a few weeks, most possibly since the beginning of Jan 2021.
Asus X541N model. Please advice. than you in advance.

Can you please try the following:

1. Open Chrome and enter chrome://settings as the URL
  2. Navigate to Advanced settings and disable Hardware acceleration.

Please verify if the system still keeps crashing. Additionally, can you please provide us with a Diagnostic before changing these settings by running:

eos-diagnostics

Upload the File here in this Thread.

eos-diagnostic-210120_164900_UTC 0000.txt (1.1 MB)

Hiya,
Please see therequested info.
kind regards.

I assume the following entry responsible for the crash:

ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(374)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process.

It’s some edge case which can lead to stability issues. Please keep us informed if the problem still persists with hardware acceleration disabled.

Hi there,

Unfortunately it is still freezing down. Screen turns grey and need to turn off, and turn on again the laptop.
Please investigate the issue, because it is very irritating.
Thank you in advance.

Kind regards:
Hajnalka

I just opened new topic about this issue many have same problem must be system bug

Can you please run:

sudo sed -i s/.*WaylandEnable.*/WaylandEnable=true/g /etc/gdm3/daemon.conf

then, reboot. Please keep us informed if this solved your issue.

Hi There,
I did the neccessary, but ufortunately, the computer still crashing.
Please, help.
Thank you

Unfortunately, i had a typo in my command above … it’s fixed now but you have to run the command below, to fix my typo in your configuration file:

sudo sed -i s/.*WaylandEndable.*/WaylandEnable=true/g /etc/gdm3/daemon.conf
cat /etc/gdm3/daemon.conf

Please post the output of the command here, then reboot.

Hi,

Thank you so much. I ran the command, but my pc still freezing. :frowning: It didnt solve the issue.

Kind regards:
Hajnalka

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.