Desktop Customization eOS

Hi there,
I am a completely new user of any Linux OS, i bought an Acer Laptop that came with Endless OS.
So far i am enjoying it, as a stepping stone to maybe other OSs’. Now my biggest issue, and question is, is there a way to move the app boxes that are located on the Desktop, and i do not mean single shortcuts, but the boxes that you put those shortcuts in, it is kinda annoying to have them in the middle of the screen, at least for me, and i can’t seem to find a way to remove the search bar that is at the top of the screen. Don’t get me wrong, i like the ability to quickly search something in my system or on the web, but, i have a laptop, and this is giving too much of a tablet vibe, which i personally don’t like.

Thank you for a great OS btw.

With regards,
Boris B

@mhall119 Could help

Hi Boris,

We discussed this on Telegram, but I wanted to comment here too in case anybody stumbles across this post looking for a similar answer.

The app launchers on your desktop will always be arranged in a grid in the center, with a fixed number of columns. But you can re-arrange them within that grid as shown in this animation:

1 Like

Thank you again. This was helpful as a learning experience for someone new to Endless OS and Linux.

1 Like

Boris,

You can reduce the amount of icons on the desktop by either right-clicking on them and deleting them, or right clicking on the desktop and create a folder to place some of them in.

-Nolatux

Yeah, i did notice that, and i did try it, but i meant something like moving the folders into the corners or something like that. But, @mhall119 made it obvious to me that there is a set grid that cannot be changed, and it is placed in the middle of the screen, like a tablet or a phone. But thank you for the post (@nolatux) , i do believe that if anyone needs to find out about the same as myself, they can check my post :slight_smile:

you can pin all the apps at the task bar mate…hehehe