Disk Space shows that it is full, although applications and files have been removed

Hello. Everytime I boot up, it gives me a message in the corner stating that "This Computer Has (enter size here) space left. I check a few minutes later, only to find that It shows that I have 0 bytes of disk space left. But when I access my Disk manager, it states I have a different amount of space. I’ve deleted all applications except for the apps that came pre-installed with my laptop. I have deleted all my music files, video files, any file that I’ve downloaded from Google Chrome. I am unable to install any new applications or download pictures or audio files from Chrome due to this problem.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

As you currently have now disk space left, you have to fall back to use to command line to get a grasp of what is using up your space. Open a Terminal and execute:

df -h

This will print out the total and available capacity of your disk. Now enter:

du --max-depth=2 -h  2>/dev/null | grep -v "./\\."

This will print out the first two level of folders in your home directory and tell you how much space each one eats up. Use Files to delete some of your files.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.