Location: Remote working from UK, US or elsewhere, European or East Americas time zone preferred. Co-working options available.
Reports to: CEO (based in Cambridge, UK)
Our vision is simple: the whole world, empowered.
The Endless OS Foundation exists to democratize access to technology to create opportunity for underserved and under resourced populations around the world. We promote coding, education, livelihood, and digital agency for the public, particularly the youth and less advantaged around the world We provide a fully-featured, reliable and easy to use Linux-based personal computer OS which provides a rich and varied experience whether or not you have access to the Internet, and allows parents and educators to keep children safe from online threats by providing simple Internet access control.
Apps bundled with the OS serve as the channels for content delivery, bringing content and games to support digital literacy, learning to code, language learning, creativity and STEM education. Endless OS ships in dozens of countries and on millions of computers through commercial and philanthropic deployments, bringing the mission of Endless OS to users around the world.
We currently target three specific initiatives for impact:
Access: to increase the availability, affordability and reach of PCs and technology to youth everywhere, but in particular, in areas of low or no internet connectivity.
Utility: to create tools that are usable by all people and make content localized to areas around the world or unique settings like emerging markets, rural communities, inner cities and prisons.
Agency: to enable safe, autonomous learning for kids and learners to learn coding and other employable digital creativity skills.
The Foundation is a “remote-first” team of highly-skilled philanthropy and product specialists around the globe. We offer flexible working hours and locations as a matter of course. We are a friendly, mission-driven organization with a highly-engaged workforce and “can do” culture. Our team pulls together to solve big problems and drive towards our social impact goals.
Our Ideal Marketing Manager
We are looking for an outstanding Marketing Manager with significant product experience to execute our overall marketing efforts at Endless OS Foundation. You will manage online communities and build an online and social media presence to drive awareness and communicate about our mission and our products, Endless OS and Hack.
You thrive on challenges, are creative, entrepreneurial, and possess great ideas. You have a proven track record of jumping into projects with a can-do attitude, eager to create and iterate. You are comfortable with ambiguity, excited by design and well-written communications, and demonstrate excellent online community engagement and customer service.
To be successful in this role, you must share the core values and intrinsic abilities that align with Endless’ overarching philosophy and guiding principles. You must be experienced and not afraid to roll up your sleeves!
Day to day, you will:
- Create, develop, execute and manage all Endless OS ecosystem product marketing and brand development efforts
- Develop and execute high-performing paid and organic marketing campaigns for overall organizational and product-based efforts across multiple channels
- Work closely with partnership and outreach teams to refine messaging and materials to engage with mission-aligned NGO and commercial partners to expand our impact and reach
- Across products and initiatives, define and execute strategic product marketing plan (GTM plan, launch, campaigns, partnership outreach, pipeline management, etc.)
- Develop and manage marketing budget in line with annual marketing goals and desired outcomes
- Develop and report against key performance indicators, including success from impact and user acquisition standpoints.
- Collaborate with CEO, product, development and design leads, community manager and stakeholders to continuously refine messaging and marketing tactics and to provide feedback for product development.
- Manage website design and development by consolidating stakeholder feedback and coordinating with design and web team to execute vision
- Brainstorm, create, manage social content and maintain the content calendar ensuring social media content is regular, relevant and engaging.
- Manage all social media communities and create strategy to manage communications that come in across all channels, particularly in, education and impact-oriented spaces.
- Monitor the success of the community and of social media in terms of the overall marketing strategy, with regular reporting.
You will have the following experience and qualifications:
- 8-10 years of marketing experience
- Must have product marketing experience
- Must have GTM experience for products
- Must have run a content engine
- Must enjoy using social media and have managed multiple channels
- Experience with design or managing design teams
- Experience tracking analytics and running digital A/B tests
- Experience using Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat required
- Experience using TikTok, itch.io, Twitch, YouTube preferred
- Preference for non-profit experience
- Preference for experience in education, software and/or media
- Preference for experience working with web and design teams enough to be able to execute some web and design work
- Emerging market experience a plus
- Managing vision and purpose
- Versatile and nimble, but a doer/builder
- Assertive and Open-Minded at the same time
- Pushing Through to Results
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Data driven
Endless is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Endless provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Learn more about us at: https://www.endlessos.com/