Endless OS Foundation | Program Director
Location: Remote from US, East Coast timezone preferred
Reports to: CEO (based in Cambridge, UK)
Our vision is simple: the whole world, empowered.
The Endless OS Foundation exists to democratize access to technology to create opportunity for underserved and under resourced populations around the world. We promote coding, education, livelihood, and digital agency for the public, particularly the youth and less advantaged around the world We provide a fully-featured, reliable and easy to use Linux-based personal computer OS which provides a rich and varied experience whether or not you have access to the Internet, and allows parents and educators to keep children safe from online threats by providing simple Internet access control.
Apps bundled with the OS serve as the channels for content delivery, bringing content and games to support digital literacy, learning to code, language learning, creativity and STEM education. Endless OS ships in dozens of countries and on millions of computers through commercial and philanthropic deployments, bringing the mission of Endless OS to users around the world.
We currently target three specific initiatives for impact:
Access: to increase the availability, affordability and reach of PCs and technology to youth everywhere, but in particular, in areas of low or no internet connectivity.
Utility: to create tools that are usable by all people and make content localized to areas around the world or unique settings like emerging markets, rural communities, inner cities and prisons.
Agency: to enable safe, autonomous learning for kids and learners to learn coding and other employable digital creativity skills.
The Foundation is a “remote-first” team of highly-skilled philanthropy and product specialists around the globe. We offer flexible working hours and locations as a matter of course. We are a friendly, mission-driven organization with a highly-engaged workforce and “can do” culture. Our team pulls together to solve big problems and drive towards our social impact goals.
Our Ideal Program Director
As program director for the Endless OS Foundation you will assume both strategic and execution responsibility for our outreach, particularly to NGOs and other partners who will allow us to deploy our products to a wider audience at scale, deliver on and measure our impact goals. Reporting to the CEO, you will work closely with an outreach team with expertise in managing and assessing our partner relationships and marketing, and will be backed by our deployment team responsible for tailoring and delivering our products to the channels you help us define and open.
You have a passion for using your strategic skills to make a difference within technology and education space. You will play a key role in identifying and building partnership networks and relationships for strategic gain. You are powerfully skilled in steering innovative thinking, to develop strategy, to facilitate change and impact. You lead with empathy and can effectively connect and collaborate both with team members internally from diverse disciplines and backgrounds, and with partners in the wider NGO and education ecosystem who are essential for achieving our goals. You are comfortable and familiar with technology, giving you a solid basis to understand and work with our product to achieve real impact in the programs you are responsible for.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years experience in education or non-profit management.
- Strong experience developing, establishing and managing partnership relationships with U.S. nonprofits or educational organizations.
- Experience in working in the U.S. nonprofit landscape with knowledge and relationships with large education-focused nonprofit organizations.
- Ability to develop and manage program evaluations and surveys to help measure impact of the program.
- Prior experience partnering with marketing specialists to build and run successful campaigns to reach target users directly, and build supporting materials for effective partnership engagements.
- Tech savvy and works well with engineers and designers.
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment with a drive to see impact results.
- Strong track record in cultivating and managing stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent strategic thinking skills - ability to define, challenge, interpret, align objectives into long and short term programmes that deliver high impact.
- Highly organized, an effective communicator and facilitator, able to progress on multiple projects simultaneously.
- B.A. or equivalent level qualification in a relevant field.
- Experience working in the global nonprofit space in addition to the United States.
- Familiarity with working in and around Corporate Social Responsibility programs.
- Curriculum development background.
- Experience working with a company that has operated in multiple locations (ideally including globally distributed and remote workforce).
- Tech start-up experience.
Endless is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Endless provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.