Endless update fail. Please help

Please attach the eos-diagnostic log file for any Endless OS problems, and a screenshot or camera image of the error message itself.

To generate an eos-diagnostic file:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’. You can search for it by typing into the search bar on the desktop.
  2. In the Terminal, type the command: eos-diagnostics
  3. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze it and seek a possible solution

Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:

eos-diagnostics

1. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

Can you help me, no update possible.
eos-diagnostic-200107_211924_UTC 0100.txt (429.9 KB)

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:
rm -f eos-update-flatpak-repos
wget --quiet https://raw.githubusercontent.com/endlessm/eos-boot-helper/e510a0b4/eos-update-flatpak-repos
chmod +x eos-update-flatpak-repos
sudo ./eos-update-flatpak-repos
flatpak install flathub org.libreoffice.LibreOffice -y
flatpak update --appstream && flatpak update -y
  1. Now try the operating system upgrade again and go to Endless OS 3.7.6

Settings :arrow_right: Details :arrow_right: Look for updates

Hi,

Thanks for your bug report. The error you’re hitting is here:

jan 07 21:11:55 endless eos-updater[1016]: Error occurred whilst pulling flatpak flathub:runtime/org.freedesktop.Platform.openh264/x86_64/19.08: While trying to apply extra data: apply_extra script failed, exit status 256

It’s a known issue and a fix will be released in the next couple weeks. In the mean time you can work around it by installing LibreOffice. You can do that by copying this into a Terminal window, pressing Enter, and waiting for it to complete:

flatpak install -y flathub org.libreoffice.LibreOffice

Then retry the OS update using the button in the Details pane of the Settings app.

(my advice was in reply to @wega3. @iryna_sivertsava hasn’t provided a log so I don’t know if they are in the same situation.)

eos-diagnostic-200107_122930_UTC 0300.txt (476.8 KB)

Hello,
Thanks a lot.

I have updated the system.

VBR,

Iryna

Thank you very much, it works :slight_smile:

LeandroStanger via Endless Community community@bot.endlessm.com írta:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.