Folder Download from Home directory error

Hi,
the Folder Downloads form the Home directory is visible under line after the Trash bin when trying to access it it pop-ups a message “Such file can’t be located. Check spelling and try again”.
Here is the diagnostic file. eos-diagnostic-201219_214357_UTC 0200.txt (997.1 KB)
I’ve searched the forum for the similar problem and I found just one topic. I’ve tried the given solution by entering the terminal but after typing the comand [~/.config/user-dirs.dirs] I get the message “access denied” even I’m running as the super-user.
Thank you in advance for your help.

It may sound stupid, but does the folder acutally exists? The shortcuts on the left side of the Files application are just links to the folder. Eventually it got deleted by accident.

Please open a Terminal and post the output of:

ls -lad ~/Downloads

If the output is something like:

ls: cannot access '/sysroot/home/egon/Downloads': No such file or directory

then, the directory does not exists. Create it with:

mkdir ~/Downloads

Thank you very much!
Now I’ve created that folder but there’s another problem. When I’m downloading from Teams there’s no downloaded file in the folder. In Teams the report is that the file is downloaded to /sysroot/home/user/name of the file but there’s no such file either in Home folder or Downloads folder. I have two identical laptops for my kids - the one is working properly with the downloads from Teams but the other one is with described issues. Downloads from browser are active though.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.