Graphics/Video Problems on a fresh Endless installation

Hi everyone,

I’ve recently discovered EndlessOS and I’m really impressed with what I have seen so far. I think this will be a great OS for my son’s laptop… but I have hit a few teething problems.

The OS has installed perfectly first time and boots fine However, when I try to start most of the pre-installed apps there is a common problem that prevents them from running: the screen flickers, goes a solid colour, the mouse pointer changes, sound/music starts, but nothing else happens. I assume it is some problem with the video drivers which is being hit by some common framework that all these apps use:

Aquaducts: blue screen mouse pointer and music,
Dragon’s Apprentice: black screen, changed mouse pointer, when I click somewhere on the black screen it flickers to yellow then white and music starts,
etc. A similar problem for every app in the Games To Hack folder. and some others (e.g. Missile Maths)

I have attached the eos-diagnostic file: eos-diagnostic-200402_185921_UTC 0200.txt (2.4 MB)

I hope someone can help me solve this problem. I’m looking forward to my son using Endless!

Kind regards,
Rich

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal
  2. Copy and paste this command into the Terminal application:
killall gnome-software
flatpak update --appstream && flatpak update -y
eos-updater-ctl update
flatpak uninstall -y --unused
flatpak repair -y

Hi!

Please let us know if the solution provided by @LeandroStanger solved the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.