Gtk libraries access

how to give access to (gtk) libraries with pure .so names

Can you please be a little more specific? What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Good day Egrath, thank you for your care

(and sorry if english mistakes i am french)

i am trying to install Julia programming in my home directory .julia, all seem to go unless Gtk with cairo and one problem seems to be access to library because of names of the form (.so.) and no corresponding access of the normal form ( *.so) in the endless libraries . is there a mean to outpass this?

Lor Jc

Hi,

Julia can’t be installed in EOS natively, as the only applications supported directly have to be based on Flatpak. To install Julia, you have to use Podman to run a instance of Ubuntu on EOS, and install Julia there (it’s in the Repos of Ubuntu).

Follow this Thread on how to set up Ubuntu via Podman:

You can install using the toolbox command. The Toolbox is a tool that offers a familiar RPM based environment for developing and debugging software that runs fully unprivileged using Podman. I recommend reading the toolbox command documentation using the command toolbox --help or github.com/debarshiray/toolbox/tree/master/doc

Create a new toolbox container using the command:

toolbox create --release f33

To run the toolbox use the command:

toolbox enter --release f33

hello LeandroStanger

Thank you for your help, this time, in toolbox a “sudo yum install julia” work very well, and in the same box, julia puis pkg add Gtk,

puis build Gtk, puis test Gtk have a happy end.

yet thank you

Lor jc

hello Egrath
i just resolve my task with the same idea by Leandro,
thank you for your care, i did not know this technology, i notice.
Lor jc

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.