Ich kann keine Aktualisierungen durchführen

ich bin momentan noch auf endless os 3.7.7. habe aber in meinem app center 52 aktualisierungen offen. Die sich nicht aktualisieren lassen, jedesmal wenn ich versuche diese zu aktualisieren steht dort: “Installation von Aktualisierungen nicht möglich: mkdirat: Das Dateisystem ist nur lesbar”
was ich einfach nicht verstehe!
ich habe bereits versucht sudo eos-fix-odtree-repo laufen lassen, dadurch habe ich auch das neue update für OS bekommen, meine aktualisierungen sind jedoch immer noch alle offen.
ich bin langsam am verzweifeln!

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:
killall gnome-software
flatpak update --appstream && flatpak update -y
gnome-software

Can you please upload a diagnostic file. Run:

eos-diagnostics

This will generate the diagnostics which has to be uploaded here in this thread.

Kannst Du bitte ein Diagnostic-File erzeugen und hier hochladen. Führe obigen Befehl aus und lade das erzeugte File hier in diesem Thread hoch. Dann können wir schauen was da schief läuft :wink:

mahim@endless:~$ killall gnome-software
mahim@endless:~$ flatpak update --appstream && flatpak update -y
Updating appstream data for remote eos-apps

Error updating: Can’t create temporary directory
Updating appstream data for remote eos-runtimes
Updating appstream data for remote eos-sdk
Updating appstream data for remote flathub
Looking for updates…
Info: org.gnome.tetravex.Locale is end-of-life, in preference of runtime/org.gnome.Tetravex.Locale/x86_64/stable
Updating to rebased version
Info: org.gnome.quadrapassel.Locale is end-of-life, in preference of runtime/org.gnome.Quadrapassel.Locale/x86_64/stable
Info: org.gnome.iagno.Locale is end-of-life, in preference of runtime/org.gnome.Reversi.Locale/x86_64/stable
Info: org.gnome.Platform is end-of-life, with reason: GNOME 3.30 Runtime has been declared as End of life, please upgrade to a newer version of the Platform.
Info: org.gnome.Platform is end-of-life, with reason: GNOME 3.24 runtime is no longer supported as of 11th January 2019. Please ask your application developer to migrate to a supported platform.
Info: org.gnome.Platform.Locale is end-of-life, with reason: GNOME 3.30 Runtime has been declared as End of life, please upgrade to a newer version of the Platform.
Info: org.gnome.Platform.Locale is end-of-life, with reason: GNOME 3.24 runtime is no longer supported as of 11th January 2019. Please ask your application developer to migrate to a supported platform.
Info: org.gnome.tetravex is end-of-life, in preference of app/org.gnome.Tetravex/x86_64/stable
Info: org.gnome.quadrapassel is end-of-life, in preference of app/org.gnome.Quadrapassel/x86_64/stable
Info: org.gnome.iagno is end-of-life, in preference of app/org.gnome.Reversi/x86_64/stable
Fehler: mkdirat: Das Dateisystem ist nur lesbar
mahim@endless:~$

this what happened

Please do provide a diagnostic file as @egrath says – it looks like there may be a disk error (which is causing the filesystem to become read-only to avoid further data loss).

Hi! @wjt this user says that he got blocked out of the community but he sent the diagnostic via email.
eos-diagnostics-200220_152929_UTC 0000.txt (294.0 KB)

I am still not able to update anything, I could really need some help.
nothing seems to be working, the system is not updating!

From what i’ve read in the log files, for some unknown reason, the Live USB Stick you are using became read-only. After doing a little research, it turned out that this seems to be a “feature” of Kingston USB Sticks, that they turn itself read-only if they detect some of the flash cells are dying to prevent further damage.

So my guess is, that your USB Stick is dying soon. Back up your data and replace the stick as soon as possible.

I do have a Live USB stick connected with my Notebook. I do not understand what you are talking about. How will this help me, fix the problems with the updates?? Endless OS is not updating any of my Apps, and I do not understand how any of what you tell me is supposed to help?

@Mahim_Arif according to this log file, you are running Endless OS from a live USB stick. The device appears to be having some issues:

Feb 20 15:28:26 localhost systemd[1]: Found device DataTraveler_3.0 eoslive.
Feb 20 15:28:26 localhost systemd[1]: Starting EndlessOS image boot filesystem setup...
Feb 20 15:28:30 localhost kernel: ata1: link is slow to respond, please be patient (ready=0)
Feb 20 15:28:34 localhost kernel: ata1: COMRESET failed (errno=-16)
Feb 20 15:28:40 localhost kernel: ata1: link is slow to respond, please be patient (ready=0)
Feb 20 15:28:44 localhost kernel: ata1: COMRESET failed (errno=-16)
Feb 20 15:28:49 localhost kernel: ata1: SATA link down (SStatus 0 SControl 300)

Later, the computer tries to write some data to the USB stick, and it fails:

Feb 20 15:29:09 endless kernel: ata1: COMRESET failed (errno=-16)
Feb 20 15:29:14 endless kernel: ata1: link is slow to respond, please be patient (ready=0)

Feb 20 15:29:15 endless kernel: ------------[ cut here ]------------
Feb 20 15:29:15 endless kernel: generic_make_request: Trying to write to read-only block-device sda1 (partno 1)
[cut long kernel backtrace]

This normally means the USB stick is failing.

I do not use an USB my Notebook is from Asus and it was pre-installed with Endless OS

OK, the diagnostic file @Byron_Diaz attached above certainly comes from a live USB so perhaps there was some mix-up and it was not your diagnostic file. Please could you run eos-diagnostics and attach the new file here?

The filesystem being read-only typically means that there is filesystem corruption, which is often (but not always) caused by a disk failure. Your first step should be to back up your important data. Then you could take a look in the Disks app to see whether any hardware issues are reported with your internal disk, and/or try to repair the filesystem.

Hello I am sorry I was unable to replay sooner. But I did try to Formate my disk however it did not work, I am the admin and I was told that there is an Error.

Are you able to create an Endless USB stick on another computer? If so you can start your computer from that, run Disks, and repair the built-in disk. (You can’t repair the built-in disk while the computer is started from it – forgive me.)

So I did what you said. And I was able to download Endless on an USB, but when I tried to install that on my pre-installed with endless Laptop it showed me this:

That file you downloaded is just a .torrent file. You need to use an app like Transmission to download the .iso file, and then use an app like Disks to write it to a USB disk.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.