Kernel isnt loading!

I dualbooted my pc :computer: but OS isn’t loading up. I don’t know the exact problem. It’s just showing the lenovo logo for few seconds and repeat.
It’s a High priority!! Situation

1 Like

What’s the model of your Lenovo?

Is it possible that an error message is showing too fast to see, before the Lenovo logo is shown again? Try pressing Esc rapidly while the computer starts; you may be able to get to a GRUB prompt and debug further.

If it’s relatively recent, try entering the firmware (normally by pressing F2, F12 or Del while the computer starts), finding the boot configuration and looking for a “Windows Boot Manager” entry.

If you can create an Endless USB stick (using the installer on another computer), you can use the eos-uninstall-dualboot script described in this FAQ.

its z50-70. I got the boot menu. What I have to do now? if I can create a bootable usb endless os then I can launch it from the boot menu?. I

hey! I didn’t set any password because I didn’t see the grub initially and didn’t used the OS. I have created a USB stick but it is asking for the password. What I have to do?. It is not accepting the password during the uninstallation process

@Arjun_Kanneganti
https://support.endlessm.com/hc/es/articles/214475283--Cómo-puedo-quitar-Endless-si-lo-instalé-para-usar-junto-con-Windows-

please reply for the posted queries? Actually Eos is installed in the c drive.may be that’s the core problem?

@Arjun_Kanneganti
https://support.endlessm.com/hc/es/articles/212890106--CĂłmo-se-instala-Endless-OS-junto-con-Windows-

Asking for a password you haven’t set is a known bug on our live USBs at the moment. Try setting one by running passwd. I generally just set it to a or something since it’s a throwaway. Then you can run sudo eos-uninstall-dualboot /dev/sda (make sure to include the space, and exclude the 1).

I see you have rather a lot of partitions. Is your C: drive on an extended partition, by any chance? It would be helpful to get the output of sudo sfdisk --dump /dev/sda so I can try to work out what happened. (It would also be helpful to get the EndlessInstaller[date].log file written alongside endless-installer.exe when you get back into Windows.)