I recently ran into a problem with my Asus X541U laptop. The keyboard and touchpad do not work. I tried FN+F9 and it only shows the animation that the touchpad is either disabled or enabled. I dont know what to do. I even tried messing with the accesabillity settings and still nothing. Only FN+F9 works. I cant volume up or down. Touchpad mouse buttons dont work either. Please help.
Can you please connect a external keyboard and then follow the instructions here:
Hi, thanks for the prompt response!
Sorry for my lack of experience but I dont actually know how execute the command. I managed to get the terminal opened, but from there, nothing. Can you please provide more details?
Thank you so much!
Id like to add to my prior comment that when I paste the command and press enter nothing happens. It just jupms to a new command line.
If you copy/paste the whole block of code from the linked post into a Terminal you should also see a few lines of output when the execution finshes.
My bad, sorry!
So when I type those commands it says that it cant create that folder because it already exists. Should I delete it?
No, just skip the first line. It’s because the first line was executed in your previous attempt.
That really worked thank you so much bro!
This problem is affecting several users - most of which are Asus laptops. @egrath has posted details of a workaround, but we don’t yet understand why this problem exists or how to address it in a more comprehensive fashion. We even tested 13 Asus laptops but none of them exhibited the problem.
Would anyone who is facing this issue (keyboard not working after update to latest Endless version) be interested in helping us understand the problem via a remote access debugging session? (This can be done even if you have put @egrath’s workaround in place)
- This would involve coordinating over WhatsApp. We would agree on a time slot somewhere between 8am and 8pm Taiwan time (GMT+8).
- You’d need an internet connection and an external keyboard.
- On my instruction, you would run a command that grants me remote access.
- I would have full admin access to your computer, documents, etc. (I will not be looking at those, but I want to make you aware of the level of access you are granting.)
- At some points during the session I will ask you to press keys on the internal keyboard.
This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.