New Endless update - Crash app center

Hello,

I just updated my Endless to 3.7.6
Now I have a problem with the app center. It opens, stays 2 seconds and then closes down.

Anybody has an idea to fix this please?

Thanks!

Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:

eos-diagnostics

1. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

eos-diagnostic-200114_200355_UTC 0100.txt (1.9 MB)

Thank You !

Yes, we are aware of the issue. The app-center has started crashing because a flatpak bundle is installed on your system. We are in-process to resolve the issue but it will only be available on the next EndlessOS update.

For now, I would recommend you to uninstall the flatpak bundle (com.github.nomacs) in your case.

• Open Terminal
  • Type flatpak uninstall -y com.github.nomacs

Probably restart and see if the app-center opens up. Let us know.

Thanks

Thank you uajain ! This worked for me!
Uninstalled the flatpak, restarted and now it looks like everything is working normally.

Thanks again!

Thanks. We are resolved the issue internally. Next OS update will include the fix, so that your bundles are working again without crashing the app-center.

That’s great! Thanks!
When will the next update come out?

Regards.

The next release is scheduled for Feb 10, 2020.

Hi,
I updated Endless to 3.7.6, but now i have a problem with the app center. When i open it, I get an error window “Remote “gnome” not found”. How can i fix it?
Thanks!

@Elitza_Simeonova You can try running this command in a Terminal window: flatpak uninstall --unused -y

@Elitza_Simeonova Could you also post a diagnostic log using the instructions here: New Endless update - Crash app center

Ideally the log would be from before you run flatpak uninstall --unused -y

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.