No keyboard after sleep

Hi my laptop keyboard fails to work after the computers gone into sleep mode. Needs to be restarted.
Diagnostics file attached - well i uploaded the text file but can’t see it anywhere??

Thanks for any help.

Geoff / New Zealand

Please attach the eos-diagnostic log file for any Endless OS problems, and a screenshot or camera image of the error message itself.

To generate an eos-diagnostic file:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’. You can search for it by typing into the search bar on the desktop.

2. In the Terminal, type the command: eos-diagnostic-190407_105436_UTC 1200.txt (636.6 KB)

3. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze it and seek a possible solution

Hi,
can you try to update your BIOS to the latest version, yours is F.45 from 2013, latest is F.73 from 2018. The download link is for the ProBook 6570b is:
https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp91501-92000/sp91622.exe
As you have no Windows on your device, the procedure to update is a little more complex. First, you need to have access to a Windows Device to prepare a USB Update Stick:

1. Download the file from above and execute it, you will get a folder with some files in it
  2. Format a USB Stick with FAT32
  3. Create two directory structures: \Hewlett-Packard\BIOSUpdate and \Hewlett-Packard\BIOS\New on the USB Stick
  4. Copy the File 68ICE.CAB from the extracted path from (1) to \Hewlett-Packard\BIOS\New on the USB Stick
  5. Copy the Files from BIOSUpdate from the extracted path from (1) to \Hewlett-Packard\BIOSUpdate on the USB Stick
  6. Insert the USB Stick on your 6570b and enter the BIOS by F10
  7. Perform the BIOS Update. Make sure that you DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES INTERRUPT THE UPDATE PROCESS. Make sure your Battery is fully loaded before updating.

I had a similar issue on my HP EliteBook 8570p which runs EOS and solved it by updating to the latest BIOS.

Thanks egrath for your reply - I was a little surprised at how complicated it is but I’m guessing its more about the computer than the os (which I love). I’ve no Windows systems - everything else is on Mint so will have to try a sneaky at work. I read that the usb needs to be 1g or smaller for this to work - is this correct?

Thanks for your time.

Geoff

Hi, the size of the USB Stick doesn’t matter, i used a 8 GB one recently.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.