Endless OS 3.7.6 was released for existing users today (January 6th, 2020). Downloadable images for new users will be available in the next few days.
Improve introduction to Hack. We heard your feedback! Pointing the mouse at the Hack icon on the desktop now displays a description of Hack. The unlock puzzle now always displays the close button, to allow you to opt-out at any time.
Sidetrack added. The Sidetrack app has been added to the minimal Hack experience. You can enjoy the maze puzzle standalone or get more deeply involved with a Hack quest. Use Procedural Thinking to place Instructions in the correct order and help Riley escape the maze! Just like writing a program, you’ll need to plan and think through your set of Instructions in advance.
Dialogues should not be over area of interest: the quest dialogues contain a button that allows to move the dialogue vertically. This is helpful if the dialogue is over an area you want to engage with.
Updated hardware support
- Added support for newer generation (Comet Lake) Intel RST© SATA devices.
- The behavior of the keyboard backlight OSD on certain hardware models have been improved.
- Internal speakers which had stopped working on certain Asus machines after a BIOS update should start working again with this update.
- The BCM43341B Bluetooth adapter, used in at least one hardware model, had stopped working from Endless OS 3.7.0; this update re-enables this device.
Other Improvements and Changes
- Updated Chromium. We’ve updated to Chromium 79.0.3945.79 to bring the latest security fixes to Endless’ built-in web browser.
- General improvements to App Center. The App Center has gained a series of small improvements and bug fixes in this version, improving its overall stability and performance.
- It is not possible to turn off the keyboard backlight on certain Asus laptops. This is currently under investigation and will be addressed on a future release.