Speakers suddenly stopped working

Greetings!

About a week ago, around 4-6pm I had an online class via google meet and my speakers were working perfectly. Right after class, I pluged in my earphones and joined two more google meetings and everything was working fine.

Around 10pm, when I was done with classes for the day, I asked a friend to catch up (once again via google meet) and, while my earphones were still pluged in, something strange happened: as I reached over to the side of the laptop to grab something, i felt a pinch in my right ear, as if I got electrocuted by the earpiece or something, but did not really think much of it since it has happened before, it was not really painful and did not affect the laptop or the headphones before.

However, this time around, when my friend joined the call she was unable to hear what I was saying and I could not hear what she was saying to me. I unpluged the headphones from the laptop thinking they were the problem, but it did not help and my friend was still unable to hear me, as I was unable to hear her. I tried restarting the laptop and on the first restart nothing changed - she still could not hear me and I still could not hear her (heaphones were unpluged). I tried restarting it once more and pluged in the headphones this time and it worked: my friend was finally able to hear me and I was able to hear her.

Once done with our talk, I unpluged my headphones to see if the speakers will work this time around but they did not and so they have not been working since last week. I initially thought this will be solved on the next software update, but the speakers are still not working even though the headphones do work.

It is worth mentioning that, while reaching for something by the side of the laptop, I once again got pinched by the right earpiece, the headphones stoped working again and it took restarting the laptop 2-3 times to get them working again (as I mentioned, the speakers have not been functioning since the first time this has happened).

Is it a software issue with my laptop that is affecting the speakers or is it a hardware problem? If it is software, is there anything I can do to solve it?

Thanking you all in advance!

Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:

eos-diagnostics

1. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

eos-diagnostic-210411_173708_UTC 0300.txt (2.5 MB)

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal
  2. In this application run the command:
flatpak update --appstream && flatpak update -y

I ran the command, however nothing changed and the speakers are still not working

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.