Trivial installer Issues while using Live-USB

I was about to install Endless OS for the second time using the live USB method.
First time, it worked just perfectly fine and this is not regarding any technical problem in the installation “process” of the operating system.

However, we do have some problems.

During second install:

1. I select “Reformat the hard disk”
  2. The installer tries to get my consent for formatting my entire drive, erase files etc. However, then I decided to quit the installer.
  3. But … I am then stuck in a loop. There is no way to get out of the installer. A simple “Quit” button does not appear. Plus, I cannot just shutdown my machine in a graceful way as shutdown icon/functionality does not appears in the popovers below. Either that OR I just want to quit the installer and get back to the “Try it” version of the OS. I think the fallback should be that way.

What do you guys think about this?

@LeandroStanger No, I burned the .iso to a USB-live using Fedora Media writer and booted up system with the USB key. Everything seem to work just fine except the problem I listed.

@mhall119 Could help

Hi, you’re right, once you’re in the reformatter there really is no user-visible way out… @Matt_Dalio noticed this recently too. :slight_smile: The first-boot experience on an installed system has the same problem.

If you hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete 7-8 times, systemd should reboot the machine relatively cleanly. I have a ticket open to improve this. I think the Shutdown option should be present in a bottom-right menu, and it should also be possible to go Back from the reformatter to the Try/Reformat page.