VLC completely stuck

Hallo,
VLC was running fine until some weeks ago, now it cannot play any kind of file: it just remains black and then I have to kill the vlc process otherwise it does not close. I attach the diagnostics file. I think it could have happened after some update …
Thanks for your help.

Please attach the eos-diagnostic log file for any Endless OS problems, and a screenshot or camera image of the error message itself.

To generate an eos-diagnostic file:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’. You can search for it by typing into the search bar on the desktop.
  2. In the Terminal, type the command: eos-diagnostics
  3. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze it and seek a possible solutioneos-diagnostic-191021_011849_UTC 0200.txt (2.1 MB)
  1. Open the Terminal app and at the prompt, carefully type the command:

sudo ostree admin upgrade

It may ask for your user password (which will not be displayed as you type it in).

1. Restart the computer

And additionally, the obvious answer is still miss: Update your System to the latest one, your’s is stone old :slight_smile:

I the problem is still with 3.6.4 (current as of today), also try to delete the VLC configuration with:

rm -Rf ~/.var/app/org.videolan.VLC

This will wipe VLC’s user configuration, eventually something got messed up.

Hi all, thank you very much for your quick reply!
I launched this morning the system update, as you can see in the attached picture, and this was still the situation after 5 or 10 minutes, then I went to work. I hope there will be good news this evening back home, I’ll keep you updated, have a good day :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot guys, the system upgraded successfully and now the problem is SOLVED, VLC works like a charm!

Thanks again and have a good time

Andrea

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.