Tip | Using Steam on Endless OS

##Great News for Gamers

As of Endless OS 3.1.4, we’ve added support for Steam as a Flatpak app, and it’s now available for download from our App Center.

###Here are some important things to remember: - **Update your platform.** Make sure you update your platform before trying out Steam. You can run this platform update from the App Center update page.

• Look for compatible Linux apps. To find games that are compatible with your system, select games for “SteamOS + Linux”, and check hardware requirements since not all games are compatible with all machines.

• Help us find bugs. If your machine meets all the requirements and still cannot run a game, let us know.

Happy gaming!

2 Likes

We just fixed a couple important bugs in the Steam application last night. If you installed Steam earlier this week, please check again for updates to Steam in the app center. This update fixes problems logging in under some circumstances, and is needed to properly display graphical textures in some games such as Team Fortress 2.

Enjoy!

Roddy

1 Like

A couple additional tips regarding Steam…

• If you had Steam installed on Endless OS 2.x, and later upgraded to Endless OS 3.x, there is a bug where Steam will not install correctly. You can work around this bug by typing the following on the command line:

mv ~/.steam ~/.steam.orig

• If you need to access the files that Steam downloads (for instance, if you remove the Steam app and then want to delete any downloaded game content), you can find them under the following directory:

~/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/

1 Like

Olá o meu sistema é Endless OS 3.1.8. Baixei o Steam perfeitamente, mas quando vou abrir da essa mensagem:
“You are missing the following 32-bit libraries, and Steam may not run:
libc.so.6”
Alguém poderia me ajudar a ver o que tenho que fazer??

Bom dia @Ana_Lucia_Fogaca!!

Você instalou o Steam através da central de programas do Endless?

Você instalou as atualizações oferecidas na central de aplicativos antes de instalar o Steam?

Poderia nos enviar um log?

https://support.endlessm.com/hc/pt/articles/208416346-Como-fazer-um-registro-de-depuração-debug-log-do-Endless-OS-

Abraço.

Codename CURE does not work

Terraria
Hello, i just found a really weird bug when i am using Steam.
right now i am using Endless OS 3.x and when i launch terraria the game wont show up / start and in Steam it says that the game is running.
I’ve tried to uninstall steam, uninstall Terraria, delete the com.valvesoftware.Steam file, restarting my PC, and using the kill command on terminal.
I’ve searched around the internet for a solution but almost all of them says what I’ve tried and to run the .exe file of the game but because i cant i don’t know how.

Thank you!

@Nico_Nathan
Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:

eos-diagnostics

1. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

eos-diagnostic-171215_171205_UTC 0700.txt (1.2 MB)

thats the file i got

thank you!

@Nico_Nathan
Settings>Details>Look for updates

Hello!
I’ve updated the Endless OS but it is still wont start. any other help?

@Nico_Nathan

eos-diagnostics

1. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

eos-diagnostic-171215_182525_UTC 0700.txt (665.3 KB)

This is the file.
Thanks!

@Nico_Nathan

sudo flatpak update

You can help me and I updated up to the last version and it did not show me steam at the App Center

@X_JaPaN

eos-diagnostics

1 Like

well I hope this is the best it’s the first time I’m running on this softwareeos-diagnostic-180315_082105_UTC 0200.txt (290.8 KB)

@X_JaPaN
https://flathub.org/repo/appstream/com.valvesoftware.Steam.flatpakref

1 Like

Not working