Endless Not working for me :(

Endless is Not working for me :frowning: when i restarted my laptop it keeps from a screen where there are yellow text and in the and has a phrase of “Press Esc in 1 sec to skip startup.nsh…”

and when I restarted again to remove endless to reinstall it again an error popped up saying “there was a problem uninstalling Endless s. Please contact us for assistance”. , I need help :frowning:
I have a windows 10 os

Hi there, sorry you’re having trouble with Endless OS. Please could you tell us a bit more about your computer: who is the manufacturer? What’s the model number?

Do you see the EFI Shell screen every time you restart your computer? Or does your computer now go straight into Windows when you turn it on?

In the folder where you downloaded endless-installer.exe, you should find a log file with a name like EndlessInstaller201610xx_xx_xx_xx.log. Please could you attach that file here?

(There should also be a log file in C:\endless from when you tried to uninstall Endless OS, but you may not be able to see it unless you change the permissions on the folder to remove the entry denying Everyone permission to list the folder contents. If you can do that, please attach that log here too.)

I was wrong: you should be able to find the log file from when you tried to run the uninstaller in C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Temp, or wherever your TMP environment variable points to. It would be really useful if you could attach that here too. It will have a similar name to the installation log: EndlessInstaller201610xx_xx_xx_xx.log.

Hello there sir It’s now okay :slight_smile: Endless is awesomely installed :smiley: I fixed it! Thank you so much! More power to you guys :smiley:

will it open .exe files? :slight_smile:

Glad to hear you fixed it! What did you need to do? It would be really useful to know the steps you took – and to get the logs from when you ran the installer – so we can fix the problem for future users.

Windows applications are not supported.

A post was split to a new topic: Endless OS displays wallpaper and nothing else