About libreoffice and language problems

Dear Endless OS team,

I just started to use Endless OS and and have a couple of questions:

1. When I tried to open any libreoffice file which consist some cyrillic letters in its name I get such message:
  2. It seems like energy consuptions is higher when I use Endless OS than when I use Win10. Do you have any advises how to reduce it. My laptop is Dell 5470 Intel® Core™ i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz × 4 GeForce GT 740M/PCIe/SSE2.
  3. Still can not understand which graphic adaptor used by OS, is it Intel graphics or my discret Nvidia, or mayby both of them.
  4. How can I check list of devices?
  5. How can I intal Nvidia drivers?

Thank you.

@Max What version of Endless OS are you using?
To check which version of Endless OS you are in Settings :arrow_right: Details

Nvidia

Wow you answer rapidly :slight_smile:

Graphics Card: Like other Linux-based platforms, Intel integrated graphics is the best supported option. We also make efforts to keep up-to-date with the latest open source drivers for AMD graphics where device support is improving. For Nvidia GPUs, the proprietary Nvidia driver is automatically installed; this provides excellent performance but the technical support we can provide for such hardware is very limited. In the Nvidia Optimus Dual-GPU case, the discrete GPU is preferred and this cannot be configured.

Means that Nvidia driver was has been installed already? Then can u explain which one is working? As I inderstand, if “discrete GPU is preferred”, then Nvidia is working now, but does it work wenever, or laptop switches between Intel GPU and Nvidia GPU in accordance with conditions, for example depend on is laptop connected to powerline or not…

@Max Update Endless OS for the latest Endless OS 3.5 release to download the update for Endless OS 3.5 just go to App center

Got it,

Seems like discret GPU works always, so, guess, it can be an explonation of the higher energy consumption…
Okey, still need help with the libreoffice issue. I don’t have similar problem with other aps… Do you think that update of the system can solve it?

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:

flatpak install --reinstall flathub org.libreoffice.LibreOffice.Locale

Hello,
I did it and my libreoffice gui is in Russian language now.

but still does not work in proper way…

@Max To get support with Libre Office you have to report the bug here :arrow_down: