Baixar Visual Studio para desenvolvimento C#

Sou usuária nova do Endless OS e antiga usuária do Windows(não tô acostumada com Linux). Já dei uma olhada na loja e vi algumas IDEs que normalmente uso para desenvolvimento, mas não encontrei o Visual Studio que uso para trabalhar com C#. Até poderia usar o VS code, mas gostaria de saber se tem como instalar programas nele?!

Visual Studio is a Microsoft proprietary application and there is (and probably never will be) a Linux version of it. But you have a few options on developing C# based applications in Linux.

Installation

The first choice you need to make is to which IDE you want to use. For C# i highly recommend VSCode as it has proper IntelliSense support. Install it with:

flatpak install -y com.visualstudio.code

Next comes the desired .NET implementation. There are currently two of them: Microsofts .NET Core SDK and Mono. For my example i use Microsoft .NET Core SDK 6:

sudo flatpak install -y org.freedesktop.Sdk.Extension.dotnet6//21.08
flatpak override --user --env=FLATPAK_ENABLE_SDK_EXT=dotnet6 com.visualstudio.code
flatpak override --user --env=PATH=/app/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/lib/sdk/dotnet6/bin
flatpak override --user --env=DOTNET_ROOT=/usr/lib/sdk/dotnet6

Now that everything is installed, fire up VSCode and create a .cs file. It will ask for installing the necessary Plugin, confirm and install it. In the preferences set the following:

Create your first project

Open VSCode and open the directory where you want your new project to be in. Then open the VSCode Terminal and enter:

dotnet new console --type project

As soon as the command has finished the editor is refreshed with the new files and you can start coding. To build and run the application:

dotnet build
dotnet run

This is just scratching the surface, to take full advantage of VSCode, the Plugin and .NET Core you have to read through the documentation on how to properly configure everything to work smooth (like runtime configurations, build configurations, …)

Muito obrigada pela ajuda, Egrath! Vou baixar o VSCode na loja do Endless OS e seguir os passos que você me orientou. Ainda não sei como usar o prompt de comando nesse sistema operacional, mas vou descobrir(já vi que tem uma página FlatHub).

Mudando de assunto, acabei de comprar esse notebook com o Endless e estou com dúvida sobre o funcionamento dele. Quando ligo o notebook aparece o logo da Endless, em seguida, opções de usuário e antes da área de trabalho aparecem uma tela preta, que dura alguns segundos cerca de 07,24,porém o mouse funciona corretamente nesse momento. No meu computador anterior com Windows não tinha esse intervalo entre as telas. Posso considerar isso um problema no sistema ou hardware? Só para saber se faço a troca do equipamento na loja. Muito obrigada por tudo!

I’m almost certain that it’s not a hardware fault. I will reply in the other thread you opened for this issue to keep this one clean.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.