Before installing endless i need to know about canon mg2950 printer support

are there drivers available for a canon mg2950 pixma wireless printer. It is pointless for me to install endless if it can’t support my printer as i don’t want to boot up peppermint (present system) to use the printer and endless for other tasks. The canon website has rpm and deb type linux drivers and a source code one, are other linux packages compatable? Hoping for a positive reply as i am itching to try it out. Thanks Brian.

Hi Brian,

I’m afraid you can’t install rpm or deb packages on Endless OS. The best way to check whether support for your printer is built in would be to create an Endless OS live USB stick; this way you could test whether you can get your printer to work under Endless OS.

(Also bear in mind that we do not currently support dual-booting Endless OS with other Linux distributions; so a live USB stick would also give you the chance to decide whether you would like to replace your present system with Endless OS.)

For what it’s worth, I’ve just taken a look and I think we ship the cnij driver that you need with the OS. I’d still recommend testing from a USB stick to check!

Just finished following your directions and it works a treat. It really is
an idiot proof OS, as well as booting up quickly and having some
interesting apps and downloads. I’m convinced it will be an asset to my
netbook. I was impressed with the boot-up time from the usb so I can only
imagine it will be fast when installed. Thanks for your time,Brian

1 Like

You can add the printer and test it wirelessly.