Boot partition fail

Hello.
I have an Assus laptop, wich came with Endless os 3.1.0 installed. I am fine with linux so i used this os. But i wanted to upgrade the hdd to a ssd, and by mistake i deleted the boot partition. Now, system won’t start.
I tried to use Grub Disk 2 and boot manually, but no succes.
What choices do i have ? Thank you.

First of all, i don’t know the partition layout of EOS 3.1, so all of my statements are assumptions, but what i know is, that deleted partitions are not great, not terrible.

As long as you didn’t overwrite anything with another partition and filesystem, chances are good that you are able to restore the partition, as the partition table is simplified just holding the data where filesystems start on the media.

Two questions:

• Which partition did you delete? On UEFI booting systems, there are at least two of them, the System Partition which contains the bootloader and the Root Partition, which contains the rest of the system.
  • How did you delete it? With the Disks Utility, or on the commandline with some of the *disk-Tools (e.g. gdisk/fdisk/sgdisk/…)

Problem solved.
Using another endless installation, as a model, i recreated the lost partition, then from the /ostree … /boot/efi, i made a copy of the EFI directory to the boot partition.
Then, i was able to boot în the sistem like nothing happened.

Thank you for the suggestions, but partition was deleted and overwritten few times în the atempt of recreating. No chance recovering.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.