Can't install VLC and Spotify

Click Update All :endless:

Everything is up to date now open the application center and try to download Web Torrent again

@LeandroStanger Thanks for your help here so far - one important note - your command sudo flatpak update should not normally be run with sudo - it’s better/safer to not mix sudo with flatpak because it has it’s own system to obtain admin priveleges when it needs to modify your system. This is because sudo shares some of your running environment to the program run under sudo, which can cause flatpak to write files that can later not be read by your regular user - which can mess up your flatpak installation.

@liezeljustine12 You seem to have flathub (the repository where some of these apps are available from) configured twice, once for your local user, and once for your whole system. Endless is designed to only use the system remotes, and mixing them (particularly with the same name) I think is an unsupported/untested configuration in the App Center and could be causing problems. You only need it once. On the command line, run this command:
flatpak remote-delete --user flathub

Then you can restart the app center (either log out / log in, or just reboot) and see if the refresh -> update -> search/install process in the App Center works better for you.

Why cant i install spotify?

help @LeandroStanger

:endless: i need help

@mhall119 could help

It looks like you’re missing some information needed to verify that the Spotify app you’re trying to install is safe. Have you checked if there are any updates available for your computer? To do that, open the Settings app, go to Details, and click the “Check for updates” link.

Okay, something else is going on here. Can you open the Terminal and run eos-diagnostics for me? That will create a new file called something like eos-diagnostic-180216_181250_UTC+0200.txt. Then upload that file here and we can take a better look at what’s happening.

Thanks!

eos-diagnostic-180327_171215_UTC 0800.txt (344.7 KB)

@liezeljustine12 I’ve merged your other topic about Spotify with this one, because I think it’s a configuration problem affecting your machine that causes both issues.

Do you know why you might have an /etc/flatpak/remotes.d/flathub.conf file? It’s not something that Endless OS would create for you automatically. Do you remember following some steps to install/create it?

I think we can fix your system though. Close the App Center, then run each of these commands:

killall gnome-software
sudo rm /etc/flatpak/remotes.d/flathub.conf
flatpak uninstall io.webtorrent.WebTorrent
flatpak remote-delete flathub-1
sudo eos-update-flatpak-repos

You should be able to re-open the app center then, and re-install WebTorrent, VLC, Spotify and anything else you need.

@liezeljustine12 Looking pretty good, just one weird thing. Try these two commands again. Note that they are CaSe SeNsItIvE - we got an error last time because you typed Webtorrent instead of WebTorrent. Maybe copy/paste them:

flatpak uninstall io.webtorrent.WebTorrent
flatpak remote-delete flathub-1