Can't run 'autostart.exe' on Endless

Q: I am trying to run an installation CD for a WiFi USB adapter
And when I insert the CD, it gives me this message and it does not run the CD so I can install the files:
“Sorry, you can’t run autostart.exe on Endless.
You can install applications from our App Center”

Can you direct me which APP do I need to run the CD?

Thank you.
Ellie

Please attach the eos-diagnostic log file for any Endless OS problems, and a screenshot or camera image of the error message itself.

To generate an eos-diagnostic file:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’. You can search for it by typing into the search bar on the desktop.
  2. In the Terminal, type the command: eos-diagnostics
  3. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze it and seek a possible solution

You can’t. Autostart.exe is a Windows executable and won’t run on any Linux out of the Box. Additionally, it’s not of any help, as the drivers on the CD are for Windows only, Linux uses a entirely different architecture and drivers are not compatible between these.

Does the Wifi Adapter work after plugging it in? If so, you don’t need the CD. If not, which brand/model do you have? Can you please provide a eos-diagnostics log with:

1. Open a Terminal
  2. Run eos-diagnostics
  3. Post the generated file in this thread
1 Like

What version of Endless OS are you using?
To check which version of Endless OS you are in Settings :arrow_right: Details

1 Like

Thank you. Version 3.5.6

Upgrade to Endless OS 3.5.8 by App Center

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.