CEDILHA: " ç " ao invés de " ć "

Estou acostumado a digitar " ’ " + " c " para conseguir o cedilha ( ç ) , configurei com vários tipos de layout de teclados mas todos eles só mostram o " ć " quando junto estas teclas. Como faćo para conseguir o c-cedilha?

Qual versão do Endless OS você tá usando?
Para verificar qual versão do Endless OS você está em Configurações :arrow_right: Detalhes

Versãp 3.7.5 (191202-154519)
Obrigado por responder

Versão 3.7.5 (191202-154519)
Obrigado por responder

You can always enter special characters using their Unicode codepoint by:

1. Press Ctrl-Shift-U
  2. Enter the numeric value of the Unicode symbol
  3. Press enter

In your case, the lower case ‘c’ with cedilla has the codepoint 00E7 while the uppercase one has 00C7.

ç and Ç, I can get by AltGr+,+c or C… But as writing is grat part of my profession I would like to reprogram the keyboard to turn things automatic as I used to do…
Google took me into this “solution”, but I could not find those files in endless:
1. Edit configuration files:

sudo vim /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gtk-3.0/3.0.0/immodules.cache

sudo vim /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules.cache

On both, find the lines starting with "cedilla" "Cedilla" and add :en to the line. Something like this:

"cedilla" "Cedilla" "gtk30" "/usr/share/locale" "az:ca:co:fr:gv:oc:pt:sq:tr:wa:en"

2. Change the Compose file:

sudo sed -i /usr/share/X11/locale/en_US.UTF-8/Compose -e 's/ć/ç/g' -e 's/Ć/Ç/g'

3. Instruct the system to load the cedilla module:

Add those lines to /etc/environment :

GTK_IM_MODULE=cedilla
QT_IM_MODULE=cedilla

Reboot and you are done.

The solution you mentioned won’t help you in EOS since:

1. The root filesystem is read-only so you can’t change it for the system-wide GTK installation
  2. As most applications are distributed as Flatpaks they normally bring their own version of GTK with them and you can’t change them either