CEDILHA: " ç " ao invés de " ć "

Estou acostumado a digitar " ’ " + " c " para conseguir o cedilha ( ç ) , configurei com vários tipos de layout de teclados mas todos eles só mostram o " ć " quando junto estas teclas. Como faćo para conseguir o c-cedilha?

Qual versão do Endless OS você tá usando?
Para verificar qual versão do Endless OS você está em Configurações :arrow_right: Detalhes

Versãp 3.7.5 (191202-154519)
Obrigado por responder

Versão 3.7.5 (191202-154519)
Obrigado por responder

You can always enter special characters using their Unicode codepoint by:

1. Press Ctrl-Shift-U
  2. Enter the numeric value of the Unicode symbol
  3. Press enter

In your case, the lower case ‘c’ with cedilla has the codepoint 00E7 while the uppercase one has 00C7.

ç and Ç, I can get by AltGr+,+c or C… But as writing is grat part of my profession I would like to reprogram the keyboard to turn things automatic as I used to do…
Google took me into this “solution”, but I could not find those files in endless:
1. Edit configuration files:

sudo vim /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gtk-3.0/3.0.0/immodules.cache

sudo vim /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules.cache

On both, find the lines starting with "cedilla" "Cedilla" and add :en to the line. Something like this:

"cedilla" "Cedilla" "gtk30" "/usr/share/locale" "az:ca:co:fr:gv:oc:pt:sq:tr:wa:en"

2. Change the Compose file:

sudo sed -i /usr/share/X11/locale/en_US.UTF-8/Compose -e 's/ć/ç/g' -e 's/Ć/Ç/g'

3. Instruct the system to load the cedilla module:

Add those lines to /etc/environment :

GTK_IM_MODULE=cedilla
QT_IM_MODULE=cedilla

Reboot and you are done.

The solution you mentioned won’t help you in EOS since:

1. The root filesystem is read-only so you can’t change it for the system-wide GTK installation
  2. As most applications are distributed as Flatpaks they normally bring their own version of GTK with them and you can’t change them either

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.