Creating a usb disk

I wish I can tell you that i am enjoying endless but somehow I cannot create a drive to install from. I downloaded the large iso and tried to create a usb install drive as I dont have a 32gb thumb drive and will only see civilization inn about three weeks I tried using varios external drives to much luck. It boms out and prompt me to format the drive and so I do and then oops something went wrong pls help urgently as we would love to use it at very remote schools in south africa

Hi, sorry to hear you’re having trouble. From your description of the problem, I think you’re using the Installer for Windows, is that right? If so, can you attach the log files here? https://support.endlessm.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003058803-How-do-I-make-a-debug-log-for-the-Endless-Installer-for-Windows-

I think you are running into a bug that I fixed a couple of days ago. If you are able to download a new copy of the installer for Windows from our website, you might enjoy better luck, but you will have to take a few steps to make the new copy see the ISO:

• Download the new installer to a new folder
  • Double-click the ISO file to open it in Explorer
  • Copy the endless folder inside to the same folder you downloaded the new installer to
  • Run the new installer – it should see the OS image

There’s another option: if you have a 16 GB USB disk, and if you only want to reformat computers with Endless OS (replacing whatever OS is already installed) rather than installing dual-boot with Windows, you can write the ISO file (which is smaller than 16 GB) directly to disk using a tool like Rufus on Windows, Disks on Endless and other Linux distros, or Etcher on Mac.

Will check i tout and come back to you, thx for coming back to me

Sorry only coming back to you now, Thanks it did the trick. Thanks a million this is really going to do it here in rural South Africa and I Believe this is the answer. Please is virtual machines possible?

You can run Endless OS in a virtual machine, but unfortunately you can’t run virtual machines on Endless OS at the moment. It’s a pretty common request so I hope we can change that answer at some point soon…

Thx alot love the system