Discrimination/Prejudice

I would like to make a request regarding the Portuguese-BR applications: Enciclopédia e Mitos e Lendas.
In the Encyclopedia there is no positive and complete reference on the topic: Orixás. The only reference is to a book by Bishop Edir Macedo as a title: "Orixás, Caboclos e Guias, gods or demons? is a book by Edir Macedo, founder of the Universal Church of the Kingdom of God. It was released by Unipro and became a best -seller, with more than 3 million copies sold, becoming one of the most successful evangelical books in the history of Brazil.

Contents

Edir Macedo’s book denounces supposed satanic maneuvers that would occur through Spiritism, Umbanda, Candomblé, Quimbanda and other spiritualist religions, especially those of African origin. According to the author, these religions are responsible for the origins of diseases, disagreements, addictions and all other evils to which the human being is subject."

This is horrible and discriminatory. On the web, wikipedia brings several orixás and here in Brazil it is this horrible content that you see. I would like you to alert the developers or translators of the applications for the Brazilian Portuguese version about this so that they can adapt the content.

Also, the Myths and Legends App, here in Brazil, does not bring African legends about the Orixás. And the eastern legends don’t bring any legends about the Indian gods. I would like you to include this content in this application. Talk to Endells OS translators and developers here in Brazil.

Thank you so much.
Homer Bretas - Brazil

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.