Emulators in endless

Hi. i bought a laptop last month and i got it with an endless os preinstalled… I am new to linux environment… I want to use some executable softwares which are available in windows… I tried to install playonlinux and wine but it is hard for me to install… Is there any windows emulator available in appcentre?

@mhall119 Could help

Hi @ARVIND_ARVI,

Because Endless OS exclusively uses Flatpak for applications, things like playonlinux and wine can’t be installed through the normal .deb or .rpm packages.

What is recommended is that individual applications that need wine/playonlinux will be packaged as a Flatpak that includes the exact version of wine/playonlinux that the developers tested it against.

There was some talk in earlier messages about including Gnome-Boxes as part of Endless. Many of the Gnome applications are available as flatpaks (not all of them run full featured) and I am not sure if Boxes is packaged as a flatpak.

From what I have read Gnome-Boxes can be used to install Windows. Those who need to run Windows might find Gnome-Boxes sufficient for their needs. And if Gnome-Boxes were included with Endless it would provide a working solution to the steady stream of questions about running random but needed Window applications from within Endless.

bill

Hi everyone!
First of all I would say that endless is a very great system, and I love to work with it!
My only problem is that there is a windows program what I would use for my daily work and it is possible only through wine at the moment. (I don’t want to install windows separately.)
You wrote that the recommended way is to package the application as a Flatpack.
Can you write some more details how it is working?
Thank you

Make the packages: https://pastebin.com/kGRTe8YL

It says: This page is no longer available. :frowning:

I already updated the link and try again

Ok now it is working!
I recognized that this is a bash script. But how can it be used?
I have to use it on another distro where play on linux has installed, on ubuntu for example?
thanks

apparently Leandro took the script from this tutorial: https://forum.manjaro.org/t/making-flatpak-from-wine-games-tutorial/36049 where you find some more instructions how to use it :slightly_smiling_face: