Endless and printer compatibility

I bought an asus computer with endless installed. I have to use a receipt printer connected to this computer.
Initially I tried to use an epson USB printer but it was not compatible with endless but it was compatible with other linux distros and windows.
I bought another new printer with a network connection and usb but it doesn’t work either.
But I can print with it on windows, Debian and Ubuntu.

With the USB connection the printer is automatically detected and installed as a generic text printer but it is not possible to print.

With network connection the printer is not detected but If i access the printer’s ip address by http, I can print a test page.
Can anyone help me install this printer?
The manufacturer says it is compatible with windows, linux, mac and android.

I’m starting to think that endless is only good for playing and not for working.

Thanks

Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal
  2. In this application run the command:

eos-diagnostics

1. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

Is the printer compatible with IPP (or IPP over USB)?

If it is not, then it is unlikely to work with Endless.

If you could describe the setup procedure (which you have tested personally?) on Debian, Ubuntu and/or Android, then maybe we can look into any possibilities here. But if it involves installing vendor-specific drivers then it is unlikely something that would be compatible with Endless OS’s design.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.