Endless Key USB product released

Hi,

In this unprecedented 2020–21 school year dominated by COVID-19, millions of K–12 students and families are struggling to adapt to remote learning and improve their access to education when secure, stable internet access is not a given. Inequality of access to technology and connectivity is a long-standing issue that has been brought to the forefront due to the pandemic.

The Endless Key is a solution specially created for these students and families as an offline resource, while they await a broadband-for-all solution that could take up to a decade to arrive. The Key is a high-performance USB drive that is designed to provide a robust, universal and safe digital learning environment with high quality and engaging learning materials, resources and apps that can be accessed offline (without internet) by students using Mac or Windows computers.

The 64-gigabyte Endless Key features leading learning materials such as Blockly, Khan Academy, PhET, Sikana, and Ubongo through Learning Equality’s Kolibri platform, and the Kiwix reader which provides a searchable offline Wikipedia. The Key also includes the parent and educator approved Endless OS, featuring the Hack playground for kids to learn digital skills in a safe and autonomous environment, fun games which teach you to code, and open source applications for productivity and creativity such as LibreOffice, audio, graphics and video editors, and much more.

See more:
Press release
Endless Key Website
Amazon product page

3 Likes

I am really looking at picking up one of these just to have and share with people I know. I am curious though, what exactly comes on it? Is it just the 16GB image or is there extra content?

Thanks for your interest!

In addition to Endless OS it has educational content. As described on the site:

The Endless Key features leading learning materials such as Blockly, Khan Academy, PhET, Sikana, and Ubongo through Learning Equality’s Kolibri platform — without internet.

The Key also contains the Kiwix reader which provides a searchable offline Wikipedia.

That content can be accessed from Windows, Mac OS and the included Endless OS.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.