Endless on Pinebook Pro

I really should check in on Endless more often. I purchased a Pinebook Pro over a year ago. It is a wonderful little laptop. It really hits above its price point. I became a bit disappointed with it over time, because I could not find an OS that fit my needs.

I was surprised when I found that Endless had an image for the Pinebook Pro. Endless OS on the Pinebook Pro always seemed to me to be a great combination. I installed it according to the instructions and it installed without any problems. While it does not boot with a different OS on the emmc, I assume one could flack Endless OS to the emmc. In any event I will probably give it a try.

Following the directions I am not able to get the wifi working. I have a Pinebook Pro dock, so I am able to connect via ethernet. The ports on the dock work with the exception of HDMI. The battery icon does not appear in the bar, and there is no power management settings available.

Thank you so much for making an image for the Pinebook Pro available. Endless is a marvelous fit for this quality, but inexpensive machine and I look forward to using it.

bill

Just some follow up. I can confirm that Endless OS can be flashed to the emmc using and adaptor. I did notice that when booted from the emmc, Endless is not able to see media inserted into the micro SD slot.

I have still not been able to get the wifi working, after several tries. I used the instructions on your Pinebook Pro page, the files listed copy to the folder you mention. The instructions state that files from the Manjaro gitlab need to be moved into a folder in /var. The commands you provide do the move, however they do rename the files. I have been assuming the files need to be renamed.

The ethernet port on the dock works fine as does the USB ports. The HDMI port does not work and neither does the SD card slots. I was able to get wifi working by using a TPlink USB WiFi device.

bill

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.