Endless OS 3.6.1~beta1: Session not logging in correctly

Bug Report

OS Version: 3.6.1~beta1

== Description: ==
Session not logging in correctly

Are the user that can’t log in administrator?

Yes

Does it happen with new users you create?

No

Does it always happen with the same user?

Yes

== Steps to Reproduce: ==

== Logs: ==

eos-diagnostic-190701_180753_UTC-0300.txt (1,7 MB)

jul 01 18:07:12 leandro-stanger /etc/gdm3/Xsession[8920]: /etc/gdm3/Xsession: 23: export: é: bad variable name

Can you attach /etc/gdm3/Xsession here?

What’s the output of:

diff -u $(sudo ostree admin --print-current-dir)/etc/gdm3/Xsession /etc/gdm3/Xsession

Do you remember the time at which you recorded that video, so I can work out the correct section of the log?

How did you create Leandro Stanger2? How did you log in to collect this diagnostic file?

Captura%20de%20tela%20de%202019-07-02%2019-25-54

June/24/2019
Hours 11:59

I created through Settings using the Shared Account

Ctrl+Alt+f2 to log in on the console and get a diagnostics

Ah, so … the video doesn’t correlate with the diagnostic. Could you do this:

1. Attempt to log in as the user that doesn’t work
  2. Wait 1 minute
  3. Ctrl+Alt+F2 and run eos-diagnostics
  4. Attach that here

Just so I can be sure I’m looking at the right section of the log.

Please could you also attach the files from /var/lib/AccountsService/users/? If you have a password hint configured, it is stored there, so you might want to replace it with “REMOVED” or something.

I think you said on Telegram that you’ve tried moving $HOME/.config/dconf/user aside in the account that doesn’t work – please can you confirm that I’m not misremembering?

You could also try this:

• Ctrl+Alt+F2, log in as the broken user
  • Move all your configuration files aside:
    • mkdir ~/config-backup
    • mv -t ~/config-backup ~/.[^.]*
    • The last argument there means "all files and directories in home (~) beginning with a . and followed by any character other than a dot ([^.]) followed by 0 or more other characters (*)
  • Log out from the text console
  • Ctrl+Alt+F1, try to log in

If this works, move config files and directories back one by one to see which one caused problems.

@wjt I just reinstalled Endless OS

OK, that’s a shame because we have not been able to reproduce this problem, and yet several people have reported it.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.