Endlessos install on a reformatted laptop

Hi all,
Got an old Lenovo v145-15ast and wiped windows, installed pop os.
Wiped it because I want to install endless and give it to my little girl.
Downloaded and created a disc image of full, English iso, 23gb on a 28gb stick.
Plugged in, powered on.
Endless os logo appears and that’s where progress stops!

Pressing escape i see the following errors

• Failed to start systemd-logind.service
  • failed to start podman-restart.service
  • failed to start eos-metrics-event-recorder.service
  • failed to start eos-updater-flatpak-installer.service

I’ve re- downloaded the iso just in case it was a bad download, and I’ve burned the usb both with popsicle (from my main pc) and the recommended imager program (name escapes me right now sorry).

No joy.
What the heck am I doing wrong guys?
Grateful for any help as I think this would be a neat introduction to computers for my little one.
Thanks

Assuming it was 6.0.1 that you downloaded, please verify the download with against this SHA256sum:

https://images-dl.endlessm.com/release/6.0.1/eos-amd64-amd64/en/eos-eos6.0-amd64-amd64.240611-152433.en.iso.sha256

If the downloaded image matches that checksum, I would try a different USB stick.

I see the same issue with eos-eos6.0-amd64-amd64.240611-152433.en.iso. Thanks for the report – I’ll look into it. In the meantime you could try the 6.0.0 English release instead https://images-dl.endlessm.com/torrents/public/eos-amd64-amd64-en-6.0.0-iso.torrent

Actually having investigated a little further I believe that image will have the same problem. I suggest that you try the Basic image for now, unfortunately.

Alternatively if you use a (much) larger usb Stick, I believe the problem will not occur.

Hi all, thanks for the replies!
I’m re-downloading the torrent now in hopes of seeing a positive result, and will use a larger usb.
Thanks for the checksum, I couldn’t find it anywhere!!
I’ll report back with the results, if failure I’ll use the basic image, thanks!

Hi, yep, worked now.
I used an old 1tb laptop HDD and it eventually worked.
Took a good five minutes to get past systems-logind.service but we got to the live cd just fine.
Thanks all!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.