Error - Peek Program

When I run the “PEEK” program and choose the “Mp4” format to record the screen, this error message appears:

What is the solution?

@LeandroStanger

I purchased an endless codec

@mooad_shaqour
Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:

eos-diagnostics

1. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

eos-diagnostic-180218_181819_UTC 0300.txt (568.6% u)

@LeandroStanger

Any Help.:endless:

@LeandroStanger Please do not advise people to purchase the codecs key unless you know for a fact that it will help them. The only places it can be expected to help are: playback of .mov, .avi and .mp4 files in Videos (Totem), playback of HTML5 video in the Chromium (not Chrome, or Firefox) browsers. The codec key does not unlock any video encoders - the OS does not include them. I have erased this post so that others don’t follow the bad advice.

@mooad_shaqour I am really sorry you received poor advice on the forum and the codecs key was not the correct solution to your problem. Please directly contact https://support.endlessm.com and they should be able to arrange a refund for the key.

Now - about the actual problem - although Peek is a downloaded app from Flathub, it relies on the Shell (part of the OS) encoding the screencast video. We don’t have support for encoding MP4 videos in the OS, so this fails:

Feb 18 17:16:34 endless gnome-shell[1259]: ShellRecorder: failed to parse pipeline: no element "x264enc"

Eventually something like this will work because Pipewire (a new media server for the desktop) will be used to bring webcam or screenshare video streams into the apps where they can use whatever processing they want. However for the moment, Peek just can’t do this on Endless OS - you might have better success using a different video format in Peek, then you can use “Convert / Save” in VLC to save it in .mp4 format.

@ramcq
No problem, I’m not regretting buying the codecs key, but I’m glad I bought them and supported my preferred os.
thanks for your advice.