External Hard Drive vs Endless OS

Hi there, i’'ve recently bought an external hard drive for my new Acer Swift Notebook. The shopman has recommended a LaCie Porsche Design Mobile Drive. I’ve tried to install it on my Notebook, but unfortunately it’s an exe-file, so it didn’t work. Are there any options to make it work ? If not, can you recommend a external hard drive, which is compatibel with Endless?

Thank you very much!

Just plug into the USB port that works automatically
What version of Endless OS do you have?

Hi Leandro, thanks for your reply. I have Endless 3.3.18…
I’ve already plugged the external hard drive into the USB port and tried to use it without the installation of the set up file.
But when I put a file on the external hard drive, a window pop up with the info, that there isn’t enough memory space.
So apparently it doesn’t work without the installation?!

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:
rm -f eos-fix-ostree-repo
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/endlessm/eos-meta/master/eos-tech-support/eos-fix-ostree-repo
chmod +x eos-fix-ostree-repo
sudo ./eos-fix-ostree-repo && flatpak update

Ok, I’ve done that and then, what’s next? If I press enter, a password is required. Sorry, I am not an expert, so I need more explanation ;-)Thanks a lot!
Am Sonntag, 19. August 2018, 13:16:57 MESZ hat Leandro Stanger community@bot.endlessm.com Folgendes geschrieben:

| | LeandroStanger Ambassadors
August 19 |

Rufe das Thema auf oder antworte auf diese E-Mail, um zu antworten.

In Reply To

| | Lenski
August 19 |

Hi Leandro, thanks for your reply. I have Endless 3.3.18… I’ve already plugged the external hard drive into the USB port and tried to use it without the installation of the set up file. But when I put a file on the external hard drive, a window pop up with the info, that there isn’t enough memory …

Um diese E-Mails abzubestellen, klicke hier.

@Lenski Upgrade to Endless OS 3.4.6

Settings :arrow_right: Details :arrow_right: Look for updates

@Lenski Have you tried formatting?

Ok, I’ve done the upgrade, still can’t use the external hard drive… Am Sonntag, 19. August 2018, 15:38:26 MESZ hat Leandro Stanger community@bot.endlessm.com Folgendes geschrieben:

| | LeandroStanger Ambassadors
August 19 |

@Lenski Have you tried formatting?

In Reply To

| | Lenski
August 19 |

Hi Leandro, thanks for your reply. I have Endless 3.3.18… I’ve already plugged the external hard drive into the USB port and tried to use it without the installation of the set up file. But when I put a file on the external hard drive, a window pop up with the info, that there isn’t enough memory …

Um diese E-Mails abzubestellen, klicke hier.