Flatpak create-usb fails due to collection-id on eos-runtimes

I’m working on creating offline installs for a few packages using ‘flatpak create-usb’. This works fine for some packages however it fails for firefox with errors related to eos-runtimes remote.

flatpak create-usb export org.mozilla.Firefox/x86_64/eos3
error: Remote ‘eos-runtimes’ does not have a collection ID set, which is required for P2P distribution of ‘runtime/com.endlessm.Platform/x86_64/eos3.2’.

@ramcq suggested I flip the collection id between eos and eos-runtimes to see if it made a difference, but it didn’t. Any suggestions?

@mwleeds Could help?

Could you post the exact error message when you try to use flatpak create-usb after adding collection-id=com.endlessm.Os under remote "eos-runtimes" in /var/lib/flatpak/repo/config and deleting the collection-id line under remote "eos" in that file? Because it wouldn’t be the same error that you already posted.

By the way, making that modification will disable the ability to do USB OS updates, until you revert the change.

Unfortunately you will also have to change the repo config on any machine that would install Firefox from the USB drive.

Another option would be to use Firefox from a 3rd party source: https://firefox-flatpak.mojefedora.cz/

user@endless:~$ ostree config get ‘remote “eos-runtime”.collection-id’
com.endlessm.Os
user@endless:~$ ostree config get ‘remote “eos”.collection-id’

user@endless:~$

That config looks as expected

error: Remote ‘eos-runtimes’ does not have a collection ID set, which is required for P2P distribution of ‘runtime/com.endlessm.Platform/x86_64/eos3.2’.

In your ostree config command you have eos-runtime not eos-runtimes

Oh, good catch! Thanks for your help.

I got further now, it now complains about a ref not found.

1 metadata, 0 content objects fetched; 569 B transferred in 0 seconds
19 metadata, 14 content objects imported
6080 metadata, 50345 content objects imported

error: Collection–ref (com.endlessm.Os, ostree-metadata) not found

Ideas?

You could do sudo ostree pull eos-runtimes ostree-metadata