Flatpak update error

Hmm…it seems my “flatpak update -v” issue resolved itself…but as you see when I run the following flatpak command, it states that Gnome 3.32 is no longer supported.

sudo flatpak update

Looking for updates…
Info: org.gnome.Platform.Locale is end-of-life, with reason: The GNOME 3.32 runtime is no longer supported as of 11th March 2020. Please ask your application developer to migrate to a supported platform.
Info: org.gnome.Platform is end-of-life, with reason: The GNOME 3.32 runtime is no longer supported as of 11th March 2020. Please ask your application developer to migrate to a supported platform.
F: ops remaining after sort, maybe there is a dependency loop?
Nothing to do

When I do a flatpak list, it shows 4 Gnome versions installed.

GNOME Application Platform version 3.28
GNOME Application Platform version 3.32
GNOME Application Platform version 3.34
GNOME Application Platform version 3.36

But if I try to remove the Gnome 3.32, it says it is needed by some programs.
Is there a way to clean up these different Gnome versions?

Thanks,
Douglas

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. Copy and paste this command into the Terminal application:
flatpak update --appstream && flatpak update -y
flatpak uninstall --unused -y
flatpak update -y
eos-updater-ctl update

The results of running the commands you sent in terminal…

douglas@endless:~$ flatpak update --appstream
Updating appstream data for remote eos-apps
Updating appstream data for remote eos-runtimes
Updating appstream data for remote eos-sdk
Updating appstream data for remote flathub
douglas@endless:~$ flatpak update -y
Looking for updates…
Info: org.gnome.Platform.Locale is end-of-life, with reason: The GNOME 3.32 runtime is no longer supported as of 11th March 2020. Please ask your application developer to migrate to a supported platform.
Info: org.gnome.Platform is end-of-life, with reason: The GNOME 3.32 runtime is no longer supported as of 11th March 2020. Please ask your application developer to migrate to a supported platform.
Nothing to do.
douglas@endless:~$ flatpak uninstall --unused -y

ID                                    Branch
  1. [-] org.freedesktop.Sdk 1.6
  2. [-] org.freedesktop.Sdk.Locale 1.6

Uninstall complete.
douglas@endless:~$ flatpak update -y
Looking for updates…
Required runtime for org.freedesktop.Platform.Icontheme.EndlessOS/x86_64/1.0 (runtime/org.freedesktop.Sdk/x86_64/1.6) found in remote flathub

ID                                     Branch             Remote              Download
  1. [✓] org.freedesktop.Sdk.Locale 1.6 flathub 1.0 kB / 177.1 MB
  2. [✓] org.freedesktop.Sdk 1.6 flathub 224.6 MB / 717.1 MB

Installation complete.
douglas@endless:~$ eos-updater-ctl update
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/bin/eos-updater-ctl”, line 409, in
main()
File “/usr/bin/eos-updater-ctl”, line 405, in main
sys.exit(args.function(**args_dict))
File “/usr/bin/eos-updater-ctl”, line 204, in command_update
poll_result = command_poll(block=True, quiet=quiet)
File “/usr/bin/eos-updater-ctl”, line 183, in command_poll
return command_dbus(‘poll’, block, quiet)
File “/usr/bin/eos-updater-ctl”, line 159, in command_dbus
proxy.call_sync(qualified_method_name, parameters, 0, -1, None)
gi.repository.GLib.Error: g-io-error-quark: GDBus.Error:com.endlessm.Updater.Error.LiveBoot: Updater disabled on live systems (36)
douglas@endless:~$

Thanks Leandro

I’m starting to wonder if the errors I’m seeing are due to my install method.

When I run the Updater, I get the following message: Updater disabled on Live Systems.
But I am running from an installed distro of Endless.
So, does my install think that I am still using a “Live” installer?

My install procedure…

From my Zorin Linux drive, (/dev/sda), I used DD to write the Endless ISO to a 32gb SD card.
I booted to the 32gb SD card, and when ever I tried to install to a hard drive, it would say, “Oops Sorry, something has gone wrong”, and wouldn’t install.
So…I used the clone method.
I prepped the drive I was going to install Endless on, using Gparted and created partitions the same size as the partitions on the SD card.
I then used DD to clone the three partitions from the SD install media to the 500gb hard drive.
Upon reboot, Endless, (/dev/sdb), booted and ran from the hard drive normally.
To complete the install, I booted back into Zorin and used Gparted to expand the 3 partitions on the Endless hard drive to fill the 500gb hard drive.
Upon reboot, (I use rEFInd on a SD card so that I can select booting to either Zorin, sda, or to Endless, sdb), the Endless install runs fine except for the flatpak update errors that I am getting.

Douglas

That installation method is likely going to cause some issues.

When you get the Oops message from the installer, I believe it gives you access to a log file which you could share here for diagnosis?

Alternatively if you want to install by dding a file to a disk, download the img.xz or img.gz image (not the iso) from here: https://support.endlessm.com/hc/en-us/articles/209063006-Where-can-I-download-the-Endless-OS-ISO-image-files-directly-

then decompress & dd that file to a disk e.g. /dev/sdb (no need to worry about partition layout/size etc as long as the underlying disk is big enough for the dd operation, it will automatically resize to fill the disk on first boot).

Thank you Daniel for your advice, I will attempt that method.

Douglas

Thanks again Leandro and Daniel…it looks like my original install method was causing the issue.
I followed Daniel’s advice and DD’d the image file to my second drive, /dev/sdb, and Endless seems to be running fine.

Douglas

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.