GNOME Discs can't free up size

Hello everybody :slight_smile: How to free up disc size with GNOME? I use Acer with EOS. 500 GB and only 10 GB of it for main disc. So, I can’t download anything. I try to use GNOME, but can’t change disc size from 10 GB to 100 GB.

eos-diagnostic-200404_225647_UTC 0300.txt (1.0 МБ)

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. Copy and paste this command into the Terminal application:
flatpak update --appstream && flatpak update -y
eos-updater-ctl update
  1. Wait for a notification saying that it is to restart the computer and Click to restart the computer

Thanks for your answer! But trouble not gone, see att.

You can’t (at least not easily) change the size of the disk the system is currently running from. Let’s do it together. At first, please post the output of the following commands:

sudo blkid

This is needed so that i can create appropriate instructions in the next steps :slight_smile:

I think the underlying issue here is that Acer put the WINDRIVER partition (which is just a pre-downloaded set of windows drivers for the device) too early in the disk, we’ll check on that detail with Acer.
The 10GB partition after that is potentially junk too- perhaps the easiest approach is to delete both of those, then the ostree partition can be extended.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.