Great Distro - just thought you should know

HI,

I’m a distro hopper, love to tinker!

I just wanted to congratulate you on your very tidy distro.
I encountered a few issues. The first is that the distro is closed and there were some apps I would have liked to install. The second is that when I opted to install a lot of the educational apps, the installer froze and told me the apps were installed when they weren’t and they couldn’t be uninstalled. The biggest let down for me is that the power savings turns off the wifi card regularly. There is a setting to turn this off but it is lost with each restart.

Other than that I can fault it, really polished distro. Thank you

1 Like

Hi, it sounds like you were testing the live image from a USB stick, if settings were lost on reboot?

Can you reproduce the problems you describe, then generate a diagnostic log following the instructions below and attach it here?

1 Like

Hi Will,

Thanks for the reply. I installed Endless to a hard drive, it wasn’t a live run from a USB stick. I have since installed another distro. I simply went into settings and set the option for the wifi not to be turned off. Restart the machine and the option is back on again. I found that my wifi connection was being dropped during moments of inactivity and I think this is what broke my queue of app installations.

I love what you did with the gnome desktop, so easy to use!

I will return to EndlessOS again soon

G

2 Likes

@Graeme_Lockett Do you mean this setting under Power?

This isn’t to do with turning wireless on and off automatically, it’s literally just the setting to turn wifi on and off. The text isn’t saying that the computer will turn wireless off to save power, it’s saying that if you turn it off, it will save power! If turning it off made things work better for you, could it be possible that you were connected by both a wired ethernet connection and a less reliable wireless connection which was coming and going?

1 Like

https://support.endlessm.com/hc/en-us/articles/210527183-Can-I-install-Linux-software-and-apps-from-Ubuntu-Fedora-and-others-on-Endless-

Hi - thanks for the reply. The device only had wifi. I noticed that the wifi kept dropping and I found this option. When I disabled it, it seemed to fix the issue but after each reboot the setting and the problem came back.

The wifi adapter is connected to the USB port maybe another power related issue?

G

1 Like

That is great news, thank you!

1 Like