How can I make bootable usb of Fedora using Endless

I bought a lap top with Endless OS, but I had problems with my another one. It was dual boot with Windows 7 and Linux Mint 18. I wanted to change the LInux MInt with Fedora, and I made bootable usb using the WIndows 7. I violently removed Linux by deleting the partitions from Windows disk manegment so it put me to grub rescue prompt. There were also problems with Fedora installation. So I decided to make once again bootable USB with new iso Fedora file using this laptop with Endless OS, but I got stuck.This is what I have done:

1. step: I formated the USB: using the command df -h, than I sudo umount /dev/sdb1, and sudo mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdb1. I think this was okay.
  2. step: I found tutorial on the net for making bootable usb with new fedora iso and it told me to Download And Extract Etcher. I’ve done the following

cd ~/Downloads

Run the ls command to make sure the file exists:

ls

You should see a file with a name similar to the following:

Etcher-1.0.0-beta.17-linux-x64.zip

To extract the files use the unzip command.

unzip Etcher-1.0.0-beta.17-linux-x64.zip

Run the ls command again.

ls

You will now see a file with the following filename:

Etcher-linux-x64.AppImage

To run the program enter the following command:

./Etcher-linux-x64.AppImage
but I have got an error saying:
/tmp/.mount_San92o/usr/bin/etcher-electron: error while loading shared libraries: libgconf-2.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Also I think I found out from this forum that libgconf-2.so.4 cannot be used on Endless OS.
So is there any other way to make my usb bootable with fedora live image from Endless OS?

Thank you.

ps. Sorry If there are some confusion, because of me not writing good, I will be happy to explain again.

In Endless OS creating a bootable Fedora USB drive is very simple. Fedora distributed the Fedora Media Writer as a flatpak. And this Flatpak is available in the Endless software center.

To burn iso images to USB drives more generally on a Gnome based systems you can use “Disks” which is included in Endless. Open Disks, insert your USB drive, select the USB drive in the left hand pane of the Disks window. You then can select “Restore disk image” from the Disk’s menu. Choose the iso you wish to burn and proceed. You will be prompted to authenticate.

bill

1 Like