How do I install a FTP program?

I need a FTP program like Filezilla to transfer files with our servers.

You can use ā€˜Documentsā€™ for accessing FTP servers .
On the left side, there is a ā€˜Other Locationā€™ option. When you select it, there will be a location boxon the bottom right side. You can add the ftp server address there using the following format:
ftp://server_name_or_ip_address

2 Likes

Thanksā€¦That allowed me to do some minor fixes.
I still need an application that allows more flexibility like ā€œFilezillaā€.

Are there any apps that can be installed for professional FTP?

Filezilla does have a tar.gz download at itā€™s site that should work
properly . It does not require any installation , so, you can just run it
from your home for. Give it a try.

I did just double check.
Download filezilla tar.gz file from filezilla website. After it finishes downloading, open it and extract its content into your home directory.
Then, you can use ā€˜Documentsā€™ to navigate into filezilla/bin, and double click filezilla. It will work without problem.
The only problem I could find is that there is no way to create a launcher to it, so, you ll have to lanch it from ā€˜Documentsā€™ everytime you want to use it.

Thanks. That works. Maybe someone can figure out a Launcher Icon method.

Hey there, I made an experimental flatpak of filezilla (hopefully itā€™ll get onto Flathub soon). Thereā€™s a flatpak bundle in that repo that you can download and double click to install on Endless if you need an app like that in the short term.

4 Likes

That flatpak is now available on Flathub, and we hope to enable flathub automatically for users in an upcoming release of Endless OS.

2 Likes